About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Friday 13 December 2013

Me and Travel (an introduction)

Ever since i was young I've been interested in travel, visiting new places and meeting new people but for many years i never got the opportunity.
Did travel a bit with family and friends in my younger days but then had a time in life where i just didn't, the main reason was i'd nobody to go with as friends had their families and also had other commitments that restricted me.

It was almost 10 years ago that I built up the nerve to go on my own, I'd always wanted to go to America and New York seemed the obvious place so it was down to the travel agents (nervous about booking through the internet back then) and they sorted me a flight and hotel. Actually decided as I was travelling that far it would be good to visit another city, a friend suggested Chicago so it was arranged. I loved Chicago and have been back many times since, often a few days onroute elsewhere as its still my favorite city.
I'll write more about my first nervous trip alone in a future dedicated post aswell as a post why i love Chicago the most (so far).

So what do I like on a holiday ?
Well I get bored easy and I'm not one for sitting on a beach or around a swimming pool for a fortnight, will chill occasionally for a couple of hours but i want to be visiting things or doing something. Actually dont mind doing a bit of walking, best way of seeing some places.
Also will add somewhere with decent nightlife especially live music because i like to go out every night I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment