About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Saturday 28 December 2013

Heathrow - Hotels & Parking

If you plan to drive to many airports its often as cheap to get a hotel/parking deal as it is to get parking only (sometimes even cheaper believe it our not).

A good site to do this is via the Holiday Extras website.

Before you do it makes sense to check on Voucher Codes as there are often extra discounts available. Just go on the site and search holiday extras and they will give you a code to get your discount with.

Alternately if you are like me and a member of the AA (Automoblie Association not Alcoholics Anonymous) and you go into the travel section of their website you will get discount with your AA number. They use Holiday Extras but give extra discounts through their site.

A good example of what I'm saying is that when I go to Slovenia in May it would cost over £70 for the cheapest paking. Going through the AA I've got an overnight 4 star hotel (Park Inn) with a weeks parking for £62, riddiculous i know.

I got this deal by choosing the "Undercover Hotel" option where you don't know which hotel you are going to get until you pay.
However you can often work it out with a bit of investigation. What I knew for sure is that it was a 4 star hotel I would get and looking at the info section it told me the times of the first and last Hoppa Bus would call at the Hotel. A quick check of the Hoppa Bus website told me it had to be either the Park Inn or the Renaisance would have been happy with either as near each other and in the freeflow area.

In the past I've worked out the hotel by information such as restaurant name, hotel facilities (swimming pool), which hoppa stops there, etc. Amazing tool that google.

No comments:

Post a Comment