About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Wednesday 26 November 2014

Holiday Calories do count


For many of us been on holiday means weight gain and for me this year has been  tough one with no fewer than 6 trips completed. And if I'm honest I've not worked hard enough between my trips so have decided i need a push before Xmas followed by another one afterwards.

One thing I'm not prepared to do is diet while on holiday, i like a drink or two and do enjoy my food especially when eating out.

Don't let me fool you my weight as always been on the heavy side but does fluctuate significantly although i'm actually reasonably fit for my age. I actually don't weigh myself i go by my clothes and how tight they feel nd must admit some of my holiday clothes were getting uncomfortable.

So my push began on my return from America and i believe its starting to take effect, its not easy but with will power i'll be able to wear all my glad rags dring the festive season.

One of my issues is my sweet tooth and thats one thing i've cut out completely, don't have anything in the house to tempt me. Bread is another thing I've eliminated at this time so no filling up on that and cheese has been limited. This s definately the right way for me.

I also occasionally would have a bottle of beer at home but not at present.

Am also trying to build up my exercise.

So how do you keep your weight in check following holidays ?

Thought I'd share this with you because I'm sure I'm not alone doing this and it is holiday related.

2 comments:

  1. This is something i'm going to be intrigued with when i go to Texas in April Mick.
    Since June i've lost 4 stone from 17.5st to 13.5st, so my stomach has shrunk alot,but knowing the size of the American meals, i have a feeling it's going to be a big challenge, obviously i don't want to get bloated and uncomfortable, but i don't want to miss out on some goold ole American food. I'm expecting to put on a few pounds, but still going to have one eye on the scales! Also like yourself i have a very sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reckon Texas will be tough as some very big meals, try the British pub in San Antonio called mad dogs, proper portions lol.
    Expect to put about a stone one because as you say don't want to miss out, you are on holiday after all.
    On a positive note reckon half the increase comes of almost straight away when you get home and into normal eating habits.

    ReplyDelete