About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Saturday 11 January 2014

City Breaks - Toronto, How many days ?

I had a week in Toronto back in 2006 and if I'm honest it was slightly too long, reckon the ideal break would be 4 full days (5 nights) to give you a chance to see everything.

Not necessarily in this order but this is how i would split my days :-

1. Niagara Falls - Absolute must and its a full day trip which I've reported on elsewhere in this Blog.

2. Toronto Island -
If like me you like walking its a great place to visit, there is a foot ferry you can catch that goes to three points, each end of the island and one to the middle where there is a cafe and other facilities.

I remember catching the ferry to one end and spending the morning walking to the middle point where i had lunch. In the afternoon walked to the other end to catch a ferry back to the city.
Its beautiful park land and you get some tremendous views of the City skyline.
A few people live on the island and there is a school if I remember correctly.

























3. CN Tower and Waterfront - A visit to Toronto wouldn't be right without going up to North Americas highest observation platform for some cracking views of the city.

Obviously this isn't a full day activity so on the same day you could have a nice stroll along the waterfront.

Would also tie it in with a walk around the shops (Eaton Centre) and a visit to Yonge street.

Also nearby is Nathan Phillips Square.






















4. High Park - There is a lovely park in Toronto, not massive like Central Park in NY or Lincoln Park in Chicago or Forest Park in St Louis but it is very well kept and well worth a visit for some cracking views.

If it doesn't fill a full day maybe vist some of the more interesting neighbourhoods such as China Town.











As for nightlife I remember a cracking little pub near my hotel on Jarvis Street called The Red Lion, did go downtown to catch some live music a couple of times but nothing really that i can really remember so cant have been that good.

So thats Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment