About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Tuesday 21 January 2014

Decisions

So far I've got a City break booked to Barcelona coming up at end of February plus a JY holidays to Slovenia in May and America in November sorted I'm now swithching my attention to other months. As I've said previously this is going to be a big holiday year.

I'm really thinking of doing a walking holiday in April am looking at a couple of options so m ore on that later.

June is the difficult month, I know I've said I'd like to go to Chicago while the Blues festival is on, in fact was looking at a deal the other day. When I looked the best deal I found currently was for a week flying from Manchester and a very good 4 star hotel in a ideal location for everything. The cost for a single person was £1,184 (no meals) but prices are changing all the time so just monitering. Not a bad price but it drops much further could sway me.

Against that option I'm considering a Greek island holiday with Solos for a forthnight and taking everthing into account including spending money reckon the costs would end up very similar.

So the decision is a week in Chicago against a fortnight on a Greek Island.

Obviously if I choose Chicago I'd be totally on my own where as the Greek option would be a group holiday. Travelling alone isn't a major issue to me but it is nice to travel with others, maybe some of you reading this fancy the same holiday (my email is at top of page), would be good to get a small group together.

So watch this space will decide soon I think.

July I'm not planning anything, a friend is planning to visit from Australia but not got dates yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment