About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Monday 13 January 2014

Discover Mallorca - Are Singles Holiday companies just a dating agency ?

Are Singles Holidays just a dating agency ?

Well I've done a few now so probably in a position to answer this common question. I would actually say if you booking a holiday and are just looking for love this isn't the place.

Sure people do meet and appear to hook up on these holidays but it is very few and certainly no more than if you put 30 or so singles at any other function or event.
In fact I would estimate on average maybe somewhere between one and two couples possibly get together per holiday, whether these relationships last who knows.

What I would say is lots of friendships develop and i hear of many reunions and of people holidaying together again. Done all that and have lots of friends I keep in touch with.

I go on holiday because its the holiday I want to do and certainly don't go looking for love, the vast majority of travellers are there for the same reason. I have on rare occasions spoke with people who are looking to find someone but in my experience finding a partner is something that happens when you are least expecting it.

Saying all that I have met someone who I had a very good relationship with on a holiday, in fact we dated for almost a year and are still good friends, just didn't work out because our lifestyles were so different (but thats another story).

As you'll have guessed it happend on the Discover Mallorca holiday at Easter in 2011 with Just You, we actually first met at the baggage carosel at Palma airport (was only looking for my luggage honest).

Think it was about the 2nd day of the holiday and a large group of us were exploring the resort (Santa Ponsa) together. Anyway as lunchtime approached  spotted a Pub that looked ok but most of the group wanted to head back to the hotel but I decided diferent. Anyway the lady in question decided to join me while the rest moved on leaving just the two of us.

We chatted and discovered we got on really well and also the added bonus was we lived close to each other. In fact we got on so well we spent most of the rest of the holiday (others did join us).
We actually met the night after we returned to England and the rest is history so they say.

As for the holiday if I'm honest ther than finding love I can't remember too much, think my mind was elsewhere. Not only with the start of a relationship but my Mum had an accident while I was away and was in hospital.

If I remember correctly the hotel wasn't really that good for singles it was more a family complex with kids entertainment until 10-30pm in the bar.
The food was poor and remember we abandoned the half board we had paid for and ate in local restaurants which were good, well some of us did and numbers grew each night.

We did some nice excursions, remember Palma was good and also the Soller train journey but there was definately a few others. Also remember ding a boat trip in a glass bottomed boat that we arranged ourselves.

Mallorca is a nice place and well worth a visit, maybe I should return sometime, hope you enjoy the photos.









No comments:

Post a Comment