About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Sunday 19 April 2015

AVIOS - Taking advantage (Berlin & Madrid)

As i said in my recent post about the City break to Berlin "watch this space" I've gone and booked a 2nd City break this time to Madrid in early October.

http://micks-travels.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Berlin

Just taking advantage of my Avios points while we can still get free transfers from northern airports. Don't suppose it effects people living close to London but it certainly saves me time and money.

Suggest if you are like me and have a few Avios points you get something booked before end of this month as you wont get free transfers for European breaks after that.

One lady who reads this blog is already joining me in Berlin as its somewhere she fancies, she has a free connecting flight from Scotland while I'm going from Leeds/Bradford (we'll meet at Heathrow). Others have shown some interest through emails so could end up with more of us singles, who knows ?

So its Berlin in August & Madrid in October both for 5 nights and costing just over £300 for flights and 4 star city centre hotel with breakfast.
Ok transfers to sort but both cities have good transport systems so not really a problem.

Obviously with the lack of a tour manager its only suitable to do it this way if you are a confident experienced traveller. Be good if a few other like minded people fancied it and would want to tag along. My email is at top of the page.

Not finished yet may book somewhere else for early next year (can book 12 month ahead) as still got a surplus of points.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm looking forward to the trip to Berlin in August. I'm a fairly confident traveller, but not confident enough to do a city break on my own. This is ideal....DIY but with company, and much cheaper than booking through a holiday company! I hope others decide to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean,
    I've done city breaks on my own in the past but agree its far better with company, hope people do decide to join us, would be great.
    Checked and can book same hotel and flight from Heathrow for around £400 without Avios through other companies (expedia), still a good deal for anyone without points but doesn't include the free connection to heathrow of course.

    ReplyDelete