About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Friday 17 April 2015

Tuscany - These Boots are made for Walking

Next week I'm away with Just you for their "Walking in Tuscany" and really looking forward to it. I've threatened to do some sort of activity holiday for some time and add to that Florence is high up on my "must visit" cities it fits perfectly into my plans.

Of course going to Italy I'm hoping to get some sunshine and warm weather and looking at the long term forcast it should be getting up towards 70f during the day.

Looking at the schedule we have 3 guided walks alternating with touring days, thats a great itinerary in my opinion.

Not sure how hard the walks will be but as its graded easy suspect not too bad for a novice like me. Reckon my walking trainers would be fine but am also taking boots for two reasons. First my trainers arn't waterproof so boots may be needed if we get some of the wet stuff. Secondly I've had a bit of an achiles problem so boots give me more support.

Expecting a few hills and its something I don't have around here so looking forward to the challenge.

Also night before will be a good laugh as meeting 3 others that are on the trip at heathrow for a meal and couple of drinks as we are staying over. One thing I like about Just you is their forum which allows us to arrange these things.

I'm intending update the blog each day of the trip (good or bad) so those interested can follow the holiday, did this on my Christmas holiday and got some positive feedback.

Thats all for now, better get packing will leave you with this :-

No comments:

Post a Comment