About Me

Travel has always been a passion and in recent years through various reasons I've had the opportunity to follow my dreams and continue to do so.

Many times travelling Solo making many friends along the way.
In fact this blog started life about Solo travel and plenty of information on here for those wanting to go it alone.

Please add comments to any of my posts by using the link at the bottom, they will be moderated to avoid Spam.

If you would like to message me you can email to - mick_w@rocketmail.com

Happy to try to answer any questions i can answer through my travel experience.


Tuesday 7 April 2015

City Break - Berlin (its cheaper with Avios)

Take note all you northerners the Avios rules are changing and after April we wont get free connections to Heathrow, good time to book i suggest. You can book up to a year ahead so planning ahead is important.

I like Avios and I've previously used my points to visit Lisbon & Barcelona and today I've booked to go to Berlin with them in August for a long weekend. I say long weekend its actually for 5 nights (Thurs to Tues) and really looking forward to it.

The flights (Leeds to Heathrow + Heathrow to Berlin and back same route) cost £35 + 9,000 avios points and I've also used them to book a City Centre 4 star hotel bed and breakfast for just under £300 for the 5 nights. So for not much over £300 I've got a very good holiday.

Obviously other costs like transport around the City and visiting attractions will cost something (believe 5 day Berlin pass for transport systems is 36 Euro) plus meals. But if you compare this to what it costs to go with a travel company in your own room its the right way to do it. Add the fact that visitingthe Eurozone is great at present given the exchange rate.

So any readers fancy the same trip, send me a email and i'll give details (dates, hotel, flights, etc)and answer your questions.

My email address is at the top but here it is again - Mick_w@rocketmail.com

For the record one person that i've chatted to via this blog and the Just You forum has already decided to join me on the same trip, hope 2 or 3 others decide to join us. We are flying to Heathrow from different airports but will meet up there, can do it for same cost from northern most airports (Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc) and of course anyone from the south can go straight to Heathrow.

Seriously looking at other Avios trips (watch this space) while can still get free connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment